HR function management plays a vital role in the development of the organizations. With the advancement of the technology, employer and HR manager are left with lots of options to select the different type of strategies for manpower management. HR functions and operations which are followed previously has completely differed from the current scenarios. Now, the HR no need to do any paperwork, everything is digitized from organizational structural design, recruitment, business process, relieving process, statutory compliance, and payroll. Even in some large organization, they are looking for, taking the robotic interview. This is how the technology is changing from time to time. The Large organization generally adopts the advanced technologies quickly. But this is not the case with the SME’s. They don’t want any implementation in their existing scenarios as it will effect on their budget. So they pay a very high attention in maintaining any business process. In case of the large organization, they do experiments to get benefited from the new technologies and for getting better utilization of their resources and for getting quality in work.
What are the major factors that impact the SME’s in India?
- High Charges on credit
- Lack of access to equity capital
- Collateral requirements
- Lack of credit
- Inadequate marketing opportunities
- Dependency on Manual processes
- Lack of skilled Manpower
- Lack of Resources and infrastructure
Current Role of HR in a Global Recession:The role of HR to be utilized more from a strategic perspective for business support in the current situation:
- Involve in business planning
- Creating an organization-wide role & responsibilities
- Effective time and performance management
- Organizational communication
- Improve workforce processes
- Create innovative solutions for resource pool
- Build alternative resource management
- Create models for reskilling/ retrain/ multiskill
some of the strategies which are adopted by HR’s in the current scenario:
- Enhanced focus on Performance Management System
- Multiple utilities of resources with enhanced role & responsibility definition (Job enlargement)
- Just in time hiring (in case of emergencies)
- Organization-wide productivity reviews
- Build ideal people/HR processes
- Reduce the lowest 30% of performers & evaluate and retain top 20% who contribute 80% value.
- Continue to build value for top performers
- Partner with educational institutes, who has infrastructure & people
- Move to zero bench/unproductive resources
- Partnering synergy with companies who can offer advanced business development services.